Friday, November 18, 2011

Job Progress?

Well folks, I feel like my phone interview went so, so well this morning! It's such a relief to interview in what I term "the real fashion." That means, no predetermined list of questions, no panel of people judging you, with a person who is knowledgeable about the position you are interviewing for. It was so refreshing to be able to talk to someone in a professional manner and really be given an opportunity to talk about my strengths and passions. Furthermore, I think this more casual discourse puts both the interviewer and interviewee more at ease...and allows you both to really get to know the other! I've never experienced this type of interview before, but I can definitely say I'm a fan.

After she was done asking specific questions about my resume and experiences, she told me a TON about the job. I've done a lot of research on www.allnurses.com (love that site!) about what research nursing is all about, and I must say, it sounds sooooo cool! I've always been really interested in evidence-based practice (EBP) and being a research nurse, you get to know a study inside and out while still providing some patient care. She described the study and the team she works with and I'm so excited about the prospect of working at Fenway Health!

She is supposed to contact me next week about whether or not they would like to move forward in the hiring process by having me come in for a face-to-face interview. Keep your fingers crossed please!

No comments:

Post a Comment